Friday, October 5, 2007

The pissing contest


Willy waving over depression drugs seems pretty common. Well, I refuse to pull my lad out and let rip. You see, I'm only on Lexapro right now. And just the girly 10mg ones.

They worked fine for me before but this time they seem to have come with some side effects. I'm itchy. That's at the bottom of the list for Lexapro side effects. I've also had a couple of others I won't go into right now. Some of the side effects listed are great:

Diarrhoea, Constipation. I hate to think what happens if you end up with both of these at once. Bowel explosions or something. A lot of clean-up involved.

Increased sweating. Pit stains alone are liable to cause depression. Nobody likes pit stains.

Mania, confusion, agitation, anxiety, depersonalisation, panic attacks and nervousness. Hang on, aren't I taking this to get rid of that stuff?



2 comments:

Andy Latham said...

I remember seeing the list of side effects on one drug, and right at the bottom of the list was "death".

They really cover every eventuality don't they?!

Bitter Animator said...

I have to admit, that's one side effect I'd find more than a little offputting. I think I'd rather the diarrhoea/constipation combo special.