Monday, February 25, 2008

Things I care little about


Or at least that's where it should end.

There are some things in life that people assume you are interested in. The Oscars is one of those things. In reality, there isn't a good way to end this conversation because nobody seems to understand just how little I care.

No, I didn't watch it. I haven't seen any of the films. It bores me. I hate Billy Crystal or Whoopi Goldberg or whoever does it these days. No. No. Boring. Please stop talking about it. No, I really don't care. No I didn't see who wore what. No, really. No I didn't see that either. I didn't see any of it. No, not that either. None of it. Not a bit. No, I wasn't surprised by that because I didn't see it. I didn't see it!

And that's a reinactment of every post-Oscar Monday. Maybe I should just get a t-shirt made up or something.

4 comments:

Andy Latham said...

I have the same problem with football. I have no interest in it, but everyone assumes I do because I'm a guy.

Bitter Animator said...

Oh yeah, don't get me started on football. I'm exactly the same. Then some people think you're weird for not even knowing a certain match is on, even when you've already established that you have no interest in the sport. It's crazy.

I really freaked out a football fan once by telling him I didn't watch reality television. He freaked out as I explained how it was just the same as Big Brother or any other reality tv.

Mr. Trombley said...

Dear Sir,

Jazz men were on the forefront of fashion:
http://www.njn.net/artsculture/williethelion/images/fats.jpg

Did you know that Billy Eckstine invented a new type of Windsor knot (called the Mr. B Knot) that expanded with the throat for vigorous horn playing.

Toole said...

As far as awards go the Oscars are kind of lame. The film industry giving itself a pat on the back. And they hate animation because they can't relate to it, there's no gaffers on animation.