Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I've got the shakes here

You'd think with the new film out that the shops would be well stocked with Indiana Jones Lego. Well, at the weekend, I couldn't find any anywhere. Plenty of rubbish Speed Racer Lego but no Indy stuff. It can't be that it's been pulled because the film wasn't all that good because that Speed Racer stuff would have gone first.


So is it selling out? Is everyone buying up the Indy Lego? Or did some kid somewhere choke on a piece and ruin it for the rest of us, like those brush pens I used to use?


I think I only have three sets left to collect. I was half tempted to move to Star Wars Lego but that's like moving from the odd joint to full-on heroin addiction. It's something I don't think I'm prepared to do.

5 comments:

Andy Latham said...

If you haven't already done so, try the supermarkets. I came across a few sets in a Tesco store the other week.

I don't know where else to suggest.

Also, since you're a Lego addict, did you know you can download a program from Lego in which you build anything you like with virtual lego? You can then order all the required pieces to build it for real. You can find it here: http://ldd.lego.com/

Irreligious said...

One of the great traumas of my life was when my mother threw away my old lego bricks

She said "they were at the attic and you are 24 years old"

I'm 26 now

I'll never forgive her

Mr. Trombley said...

Dear Sir, My latest thing has been re-watching my favorite horror films. The Evil Dead series, Night of The Living dead series, Outer Limits, Kolchack the Night Stalker, Phenomena, etc.

Mr. Trombley said...

P.S. And the works of John Carpenter.

Bitter Animator said...

Andy, that Lego builder thing looks fantastic. I'd almost be afraid to have a go in case I get hooked and spend a fortune on individual bricks. Great feature. I might have a go at it to make little setups for my Indy stuff as some of the sets are just very isolated pieces.

Mr.T, sounds good. I'm a huge fan of classic horror, though I've lost touch with what has been going on over the last couple of years. Carpenter's are fantastic. The Thing is one of my all-time faves.