Sunday, June 15, 2008

My 'me' time

It is usual to get through the week by looking forward to the weekend. Okay, so that's wishing your life away but it's a proven strategy that works. But when weekends become as tough as the weekdays, what is there to look forward to? My mind tells me that it should still be the weekend but, bloody hell, the weekends are tough going.

So I look forward to the old twosies. It's my alone time. My me time.

I'm finding it tough at the moment. I think I'm going a bit crazy. This is where I think I need a dog. Even if your dog is the cause of stress (like wanting to go for a pee at 4 in the morning), you can tell him that without it coming back to haunt you later. And, when things are crap, you can give him a hug and you can talk or not talk to him if you like. And he won't then answer back with the blindingly obvious. This is why dogs are great and why I miss my old friend. I need a puppy.

I guess I can look forward to retirement. If I live that long.

I think I hate... stuff. Just generally.

Oh, happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there. Hope your day isn't tantrum-filled.

5 comments:

Irreligious said...

How do you go to work? I drive, so its great, its like the only times i'm alone >:D

Taking a dump sucks to me, there are more people around the house, and i can

listen them

:|

Bitter Animator said...

I get the bus which is usually packed full of people who sneeze and cough a lot. But I do get a bit of time to listen to music there, which is nice.

Adam H said...

"I think I hate... stuff. Just generally."

Reminds me of this podcast I listen to, called Radio Lab, where in one part they examine the power of lying to yourself. They say that those who can lie to themselves about the shit they see in the world (most people) or convince themselves that they're the best at what they do tend to be happier & more successful at what they're trying for.
And for those who see things for the way "they really are," (you, myself, people who have all around general hate) well.....at least we can say we're honest. We're kinda fucked otherwise, hahah.

Here's a link if you're interested:

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/radiolab/episodes/2008/02/29

Mr. Trombley said...

Dear Sir, I was reading the post beneath this one and I am confused. I don't have any knowledge of European politics, you see.

If it is any consolation, Texas (my domicile) has also drifted away from representative democracy. Internal problems mostly stem from a deliberately poorly written state constitution, and a pathological aversion to taxation.

But about the topic at hand, taking refuge with the toilet is nothing to worry about, everybody does it. This behavior is, I believe, what earned the throne it's sobriquet.

Toole said...

Who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness, to surrender dreams? To seek treasure where there is only trash, this may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness.

But maddest of all is to see life as it is, instead of as it should be.