Monday, September 29, 2008

Where's my castle?

They say a man's home is his castle.

I once took that to mean it was a place you could find sanctuary. A place to rest. A place that is your own and where you are royalty.

What it actually means is that it's the place you're going to have to put up with politics, people banging down your drawbridge, chucking rocks at your towers, a constant stream of traders, rubbish court musicians and the never-ending babble of the court jester.

Being King is not all it's cracked up to be.

2 comments:

Humphrey Erm said...

Thats too bad to hear. A man's home should be his castle, but like you said, it brings forth its own set of troubles.

Persevere Bitter Animator! You can do it!

Jeaux Janovsky said...

I concur with Humphrey. Persevere my friend. It's all we can do...
keep on moving forward. keep pushing. keep on keeping on....
To quote "Fat Bob" Smith,
"Between you and me
It's hard to ever really know
Who to trust
How to think
What to believe
Between me and you
It's hard to ever really know
Who to choose
How to feel
What to do"
-jx