Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Bloggiversary to me! (not a repost)

Well today is the day. My blog's birthday. Two years old. Man, how it has flown.

Last year, I did a whole big post with a nice little birthday image but, this year, for some reason, making a big deal out of it doesn't seem quite right. Although I am enjoying browsing through some of the old posts to see what I'd like to post again. I haven't done that before. There will be a couple more reposts over the next few days of posts I like and then it's back to regular service. Hey, if there's a post you remember that you like, let me know.

A lot has changed this year and I think that's what I tried to reflect in the image above. The future is far less certain and recession is hitting pretty hard in some places. Like where I am. It's funny that a huge amount of people are still in complete denial about that so I think that's going to start to hit even harder in the near future.

For me, I don't know where I'll be this time next year. Quite possibly, I'll end up on the streets looking for animation work. I don't know if it's a skill that really translates to the streets but it's worth a shot. "Animate you a character, sir? No? No? God bless you, sir," and so on.

But it has actually been a really good 12 months since my last bloggiversary. I've been working hard on a project I love and it's something I think will contribute to the rest of my career. Possibly the rest of my life. That's a rare thing and I'm really thankful for it.

It has been a good year.

Well, here's to another year. Thanks as always for dropping by my little blog. Who knew when I started writing about depression two years ago and ranting about my crappy animation job that I'd find a little blog community of people I would call friends? If I'd known that, I probably would have tried to make those early drawings a little better. Look back, they're unbelievably crap. Well, not to worry, they served a purpose at the time. Helped me get stuff out.

If you're reading this, I hope you're doing well and thanks again.

5 comments:

susan said...

Happy bloggiversary, Bitter.

You write that the blog helped you on your journey through depression. You forget that you have helped US through our own journeys at well. Thank you so much for that.

Toole said...

whoa whoa you work for equity? we don't get that here.

Red Pill Junkie said...

No.

Thank YOU :)

Neuroskeptic said...

Keep up the great work! Two more years! (at least)

Bitter Animator said...

Aw, thanks guys. That means a lot.

Toole, equity is not easy to come by here and certainly not standard but, depending on your role (definitely for writers and directors) and how badly they want you, it's not completely impossible to get. That said, it's usually fairly worthless unless the show goes absolutely huge worldwide.